Friday, February 28, 2014

Two!

Today we celebrate our Leap Day baby's second birthday! I can hardly believe it's been two years since Naomi was born. We are thankful she is so strong and healthy. Though her size is considerably smaller than other kids her age, she's making up for it by being incredibly active and verbal. Just last week I was reminded to be grateful for her constant activity: I took Nathan and Naomi to a college basketball game, and she ran around the entire time. Up the stairs, down the stairs, laps around the bleachers, picking up popcorn (and gum--ack!) that had fallen on the floor. Etc. Several people commented on what a busybody she is. (Tell me about it!) As we biked home, I was feeling weary and caught myself wishing she wasn't such an active child. Almost instantly, I was reminded that two years ago, when I was on bed rest, we celebrated her many movements. We were grateful she was so active. And I need to remember that, even though she tires me out on a regular basis.


With that being said, here are a few pictures that capture some of Naomi's personality. Happy birthday, cutie pie!


8 comments:

Mom said...

Happy birthday, dear Naomi! Two years ago, you had a dramatic start to life. We are so thankful that you are healthy and happy, and we love you very much! These new photos of you are beautiful! Lots of love, Grammie and Pepaw

erin said...

Happy birthday, Naomi! It is hard to believe that two years have passed already -- God is so good!
Hope that you guys had fun celebrating! I love her photos - so cute!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, sweet little Naomi! It's hard to believe you are TWO already. Precious pictures! So thankful you are a healthy, happy, ACTIVE child. (Although you keep your mommy on the RUN!) I love you, Nana

Wendi said...

Happy Birthday, Naomi!

kelseylynae said...

I was just thinking about her earlier this week as I knew her birthday was coming up! Happy birthday, sweet Naomi! I wish we lived closer so Blythe could run around with you! [The pictures are ADORABLE!]

thehomespunheart said...

What a d.o.l.l. The girls and I agree she looks older and even different since we saw her and that wasn't that long ago! :) Happy Birthday N3! Your b'day card is on its way ...

Speaky1013 said...

Oh.my.goodness. Those pictures are ADORABLE!! Celebrating with you, Carrie Lea, you and Naomi are a beautiful example of God's faithfulness!! Every day, we are able to see God's work in your lives!! Love you!! Happy Sweet Birthday to Miss Naomi!!

Carrie said...

I'm glad YOU keep track of anniversaries so that I'll know what MY anniversaries are. Although yours are much more exciting. :D